Lokomotiv Moscow vs Atletico Madrid lineups: Confirmed Preview: 10/1/2019 Lokomotiv Moscow vs Atletico Madrid – prediction, team news
Europe» UEFA Champions League – 2019/2020 – Champions League Grp. D »
Lokomotiv Moscow vs Atletico Madrid
Kick off:20:00 Date:Tue, 01-Oct-19
Lokomotiv Moscow have won their last four matches, including a 2-1 win away to Bayer Leverkusen in the Champions League last week.
Atletico Madrid have never lost in Russia (W4, D2). They battled back from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 with Juventus in their Champions League opener.
Atletico have kept clean sheets in each of their last three matches, including their 0-0 draw with Real Madrid on Saturday night.
These two teams recently faced off in the knockout stage of the Europa League in the 2017/18 campaign and Atletico ran out 8-1 winners on aggregate. Expect a closer match here.
- Solomon Kvirkvelia was back on the bench at the weekend but hasn’t made an appearance all season and is unlikely to return to the starting XI here.
- Miranchuk brothers Anton and Aleksey are both expected to miss out once against for Lokomotiv Moscow.
- Sime Vrsaljko is the only injury concern for Atletico Madrid ahead of Tuesday’s trip to Russia.
- Alvaro Morata and Diego Costa are in competition for a starting berth up front alongside Joao Felix.
- Mario Hermoso is an option to start at centre-back if Diego Simeone shuffles his pack in midweek.